Assistiant Front Office Manager
The Woodlands Resort
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
A mere 30 minutes from downtown Houston, Texas, a world of intoxicating beauty awaits. Tucked away within the Texas Piney Woods on 28,000 acres of natural forest, The Woodlands Resort is an ideal vacation destination for families, friends and couples as well as an exceptional venue for meetings, conferences, social events and weddings. For four decades, The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center has provided a convenient escape to nature and recreation for families, couples, golf and tennis enthusiasts, and business travelers. The gorgeous forest setting provides the backdrop for a resort of grand proportions, offering an array of leisure and business amenities and genuine Texas hospitality.
The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center is seeking a dynamic Assistant Front Office Manager for our Front Desk department. The Assistant Front Office Manager will ensure efficient and courteous service to guests both hands-on and through training and leading front desk staff. Serves as a positive communicator in relaying management direction and supports the team environment through listening to staff and making recommendations to management based on staff and guest needs.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Oversees all front desk functions throughout the assigned shift with a key focus toward professional, hospitable service toward the guest.
- Serve as Manager on Duty in the absence of Senior Management.
- Ensures new hires receive required orientation and training, continues to monitor and develop new and incumbent front desk staff.
- Registers guests in an efficient and professional manner while obtaining all pertinent information.
- Perform registration card budget audit.
- Handle all reservation requests during hours when reservation office is closed.
- Issue guest safety deposit boxes.
- Post charges to guest and house accounts.
- Answer guest questions and inquiries regarding hotel facilities, surrounding area and directions.
- Perform financial transactions for guest (i.e., check cashing and cash handling) per established procedures.
- Knowledgeable of all hotel emergency procedures.
- Receive guest mail/packages and place in appropriate area. Verify that message is left.
- Check out guests in a courteous and efficient manner and in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Issue and collect guest room keys
- Maintain communication between shifts by briefing the manager/supervisor leading the following shift and/or writing any pertinent information in log book.
- Communicate guest concerns/issues to appropriate departments, logged and when completed followed through to guest ensure satisfaction.
- File all back-up in appropriate area to aid Accounting in processing bills.
- Aid and assist PBX in answering of switchboard.
- Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing, reaching, standing for long periods of time (hours), walking, pushing, pulling, lifting and grasping.
- Verbal and listening ability.
- Visual ability.
- Problem solving/rationalizing.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Two years of hotel management experience highly preferred.
Attention to detail, discretion, good judgment, excellent interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to successfully multi task and maintain confidential information.
Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
Associates degree preferred.
Demonstrated leadership and excellent customer service.
Proficient skills in organization, planning and communication.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.