The Westin at The Woodlands
Assistant Restaurant Manager
SORRISO Italian Restaurant
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
The Howard Hughes Corporation is searching for an Assistant Restaurant Manager for SORRISO Italian Restaurant located at The Westin at The Woodlands hotel . The hotel is located in the award winning master planned community of The Woodlands, Texas 45 minutes north of Houston. The hotel features 305 guestrooms, concierge floors, and 15,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, restaurants and lounge. . The area around the hotel is home to multiple Fortune 500 companies, The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, shopping, dining and entertainment venues.
Seeking a successful leader to deliver balanced results through our procedures and core brand standards, while attaining growth in sales and profits.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement and maintain tight control of labor costs
- Implement and maintain tight control of Food and Beverage costs of sales
- Responsible for the profitability of the Food and Beverage Department; closely monitors and analyzes revenues and expenses in order to increase profits and produce budgeted departmental income
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of all TABC laws and communicates same to all appropriate employees
- Regularly evaluate products and services and makes recommendations for improvements necessary to remain competitive with the industry
- Maintain superior standards of cleanliness and sanitation in both front and back of house operations
- Identify personnel and operational deficiencies and acts to rectify them in a timely manner
- Provide safety training programs for all employees and conduct periodic inspections to provide a safe work environment
- Evaluate operations and supply clear, measurable goals for employees and staff
- Maintain a high level of professional appearance, affix an image of self and staff
- Promotes teamwork, spirit, courtesy and friendliness among guests and employees
- Keeps the F&B Manager informed of all problems and unusual matters
- Assist in administering safe working conditions
- Execute the personnel functions of the department by interviewing applicants, evaluating and reviewing employees and disciplining employees as necessary
- Follow fair progressive discipline/coach and counseling procedures
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Equivalent education level required: Four year college degree preferred
- Computer skills including email, Microsoft word, and POS
- Job knowledge of restaurant operations, management techniques, quality and cost control
- Excellent communication and staff development/training skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible to work varying schedules including nights, holidays and weekends
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”