The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center
Conference Planning Manager
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
The Conference Planning Manager will coordinate the activities of staff and conference personnel to make arrangements for group meetings and conference.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Aid in the coordination of daily operations, ensuring the quality and service levels are consistent with The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center standards
- Coordinate outside groups day meetings conference
- Contact client with information regarding space , audiovisual and catering details
- Responsible for educating the client on the amenities and facilities on the property
- Coordinate with the client to review meeting details
- Responsible for rooming lists, transportation details, conference event order, meeting agendas and billing authorizations
- Provide necessary post meeting information to Accounting for proper billing and revenue review
- Meet client prior to the start of their meeting to ensure details are correct and meet client requirements
- Attend conference manager meetings
- Create CEO’s that pertain to each conference
- Update changes on daily change log and change actual CEO
- Attend CEO meetings to review upcoming events
- Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow employees, set a positive example.
- Provide the highest level of guest service to the hotel’s clients.
- Promote the hotel through goodwill, teamwork spirit, courtesy and a positive attitude.
- Maintain a high level of professional appearance and image of self and staff
- Follow all safety and security procedures and rules.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced multi-tasking, hands-on environment.
- Excellent time management skills Flexible to work varying schedules
- Ability and willingness to work closely with other
- Follow fair, progressive discipline/coach and counseling procedures
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, additional language ability is a plus, however, not required.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma
- College Degree Preferred
- Previous Conference Planner or related experience
- 2 years hotel/conference center experience
- Delphi proficient
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”