The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
The Howard Hughes Corporation is searching for a Painter for The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center. The hotel is located in the award winning master planned community of The Woodlands, Texas 45 minutes north of Houston. The hotel features 402 guestrooms, concierge floors, and 60,000 sq. ft. of meeting space. The area around the hotel is home to multiple Fortune 500 companies, The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, shopping, dining and entertainment venues.The Painter is responsible for any painting, vinyl and furniture repairs for the property.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Painting, vinyling, taping, floating, and texturing of guest rooms, offices, meeting rooms, back of the house and public areas.
- Mix, match, and apply paint, varnish, shellac, enamel, and other finishes.
- Scrape, sandpaper, prime, or seal surfaces prior to painting.
- Clean walls to ensure proper adherence.
- Cover surfaces with cloth or plastic to ensure protection.
- Fill cracks, holes, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers, using caulking guns or putty knives.
- Erect scaffolding, movable and immovable staging and various rigging to gain access to difficult areas; moves furniture and equipment as necessary.
- Remove fixtures such as pictures, doorknobs, lamps, and electric switch covers prior to painting.
- Apply touchups or second coats.
- Remove paint splatters when finished.
- Clean up all equipment, including brushes and spray guns.
- Paint ceilings, walls, doors, frames, furniture, and stairwells.
- Maintain good housekeeping in the paint shop areas
- Assist in other areas as needed
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma
- Must have 3-years’ experience in painting with brush and roller
- Experience in taping, floating, texturing, vinyling and spray painting desired
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status."