The Westin The Woodlands
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
The Howard Hughes Corporation is searching for a Running Concierge for The Westin at The Woodlands. The hotel is located in the award winning master planned community of The Woodlands, Texas 45 minutes north of Houston. The hotel features 305 guestrooms, concierge floors, and 15,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, two restaurants and 2 lounges. The area around the hotel is home to multiple Fortune 500 companies, The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, shopping, dining and entertainment venues.
As a part of the RunWESTIN program, we offer our guests an opportunity to enjoy fresh air and local scenery with a guided run by a Run Concierge. These complimentary group runs are open to runners of all levels to provide them with a unique and memorable experience and to help them keep up their workout routine while on the road. The Run Concierge program gives a positive impact on the guest experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The ideal Run Concierge would meet the following criteria:
Available 6:00 am – 9:00 am two-three weekday mornings per week
Ability to run 6.2 miles (10K) in 1 hour or less
Speaks English and local language fluently
Offer Local Area Information to guests during run.
Perform a series of warm-up stretches before the run or after 1 mile (1.6k), depending on the group’s preference.
(Recommended) Cool-down stretches, core and lower body exercises can be demonstrated by the Run Concierge based on demand.
- Maintain professional attire and personal hygiene.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and practices as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- Implement the hotel’s safety and emergency policies and procedures (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc.) to include removing all safety hazards, following company’s OSHA program, safe lifting techniques.
- Promptly report substandard (unsafe) conditions to Supervisor.
- Promptly report accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to Supervisor.
- Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints.
- Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude.
- Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings.
- Continue to learn and grow in your position.
- Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management.
- Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
- Assist person(s) with a disability
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or equivalent
Complete at least three 10k races or one full/half marathon
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”