The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the production of all electronic and print materials disseminated by The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center as well as for supporting coordinate the graphic design and layout of projects for TWRCC, including but not limited to, web page designs, multimedia presentations, newsletter layouts, and designing other publicity products such as promotional items, etc.
- Investigate, evaluate and implement Resort’s participation in sponsorships and community programs
- Implementing marketing and communications programs that effectively describe and promote the property and individual outlets to various target markets
- Participate in the planning, creation, and production of all promotional materials to include collateral, property signage, print media, direct mail, website, billboards, radio, and public relations
- Promote new business, awareness, and partnerships through community events and involvement
- Maintain inventory of collateral
- Trade Certificates
- Promo communication to all employees and history/results of promos
- 800 number tracking
- Projects as assigned
Reports to: Area Marketing Manager
CRITERIA FOR EVALUATION
- Job knowledge and performance
- Attention to detail
- Maintain revenue and internal billing to meet budget
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Experience in production and layout of advertising materials
- Experience with proofing, editing and copywriting
- Must possess good negotiating skills, work well under pressure
- Good money management skills
- Photography knowledge
- Client base knowledge
- Presentation production
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be flexible to work varying schedules
- Strong working knowledge of marketing and design
- Experience with variety of computer graphics and desktop publishing programs
- Familiarity with web design standards, social media, internet and email laws
- Dependable and attentive to detail
- Experience in marketing materials production
- Expertise in all Internet applications, especially Web browsers and browser specifications
- Experience with multimedia applications - specifically Adobe Photoshop, and Microsoft PowerPoint (or equivalent applications)
- Experience writing copy and editing.
- Highly organized and ability to work independently
- 2-3 years experience in related field preferred; special emphasis on internet and email marketing experience.
- Knowledge of multimedia applications - Adobe Photoshop, and Microsoft PowerPoint (or equivalent applications) a plus as well as a working knowledge of common utilities such as Adobe Acrobat Distiller, Adobe Image Ready, and other publishing related tools
- Bachelors degree in advertising, marketing and or communications.
- Additional education in graphic design and/or journalism a plus.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Perform bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting and grasping
- Verbal and listening ability
- Driving skills
- Visual skills
- Problem solving and rationalization
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”