The Westin at The Woodlands
Chef de Cuisine - SORRISO
NEW Italian Restaurant Opening Nov. 2018
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
The Howard Hughes Corporation is searching for a Chef de Cuisine for its new Italian concept restaurant for The Westin at The Woodlands. The hotel is located in the award winning master planned community of The Woodlands, Texas 45 minutes north of Houston. The hotel features 305 guestrooms, concierge floors, 15,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, two restaurants and 2 lounges. The area around the hotel is home to multiple Fortune 500 companies, The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, shopping, dining and entertainment venues.
The Chef de Cuisine oversees all aspects of kitchen related restaurant operations with the highest standards of responsibility, professionalism, organization and dedication while working closely with the Executive Chef.
Applicants must have excellent track records, be highly dedicated with high sense of responsibility, professionally driven, career minded and have a positive history of managing costs, administrative skills and blend and maintain a smooth and respectful social working balance.
Candidates must be very open minded in learning, absorbing and understanding a new and modern interpretation of authentic Italian cuisine.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: .
Experience with fast pace/quality/consistency concepts is fundamental and a must requirement.
Demonstrated ability to work/cook in high-pressure situations with consistent outstanding results.
Culinary Arts, Bachelor's degree preferred or/and minimum 8 years of working experience.
Knowledge and experience in Italian cuisine, a plus but not required
Ability to participate as part of a team at any time and at any level needed.
Ability to supervise large staff and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
Solicit and accept feedback and direction from multiple chefs and managers.
Requires developed English communication skills, both verbal and written.
Must possess basic computational ability and computer skills
Ability to work independently, multi-task and manage time effectively.
Ability to maintain quality standards to produce a consistent product.
Strong knowledge of food safety and sanitation.
Ability to cover shifts as needed beyond the regular schedule.
Ability to create, monitor and improve all kitchen schedules and organizational sheets
Ability to analyze, forecast data, makes decisions to ensure proper payroll and production control.
Ability to stand, walk, and/or sit continuously perform essential functions for an extended period of time.
Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers some of whom will require high levels of patience. Tact, and diplomacy and collect accurate information to resolve conflicts.
Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations; distinguish product, taste, texture, and presentation; and observe preparation.
- Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow employees, set a positive example.
- Provide the highest level of guest service to the hotel’s clients.
- Maintain professional attire and personal hygiene.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and practices as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- Implement the hotel’s safety and emergency policies and procedures (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc.) to include removing all safety hazards, following company’s OSHA program, safe lifting techniques.
- Promptly report substandard (unsafe) conditions to Supervisor.
- Promptly report accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to Supervisor.
- Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints.
- Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude.
- Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings.
- Continue to learn and grow in your position.
- Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management.
- Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
- Assist person(s) with a disability.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws ordinances as they apply to the hotel, guest and employees.
- Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum 8 years of culinary management experience
Exhibits excellent verbal and written communication skills
Possess strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to manage this diverse team; must support and advance a culture of committed action, excellence, and respect
Self-disciplined, shows initiative, possess leadership ability, and is outgoing
- Culinary degree required..
- Knowledge in Specialty Gourmet Italian/Trattoria highly desired
- Must be passionate, entrepreneurial, and dedicated to success
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”