Bartender Seasonal – Cool Water Cafe
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
As a Cool Water Cafe Bartender, you would be responsible for preparing beverages and serving beverages to guests in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet guests and respond to guest inquiries and requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- The bartender is also responsibile for setting and tearing down the bar at each shift. Setup includes setting out napkins, toothpicks, ashtrays, peanuts and other counter items.
- Checking all equipment and filling all stock are other setup duties.
- Cleanup including picking up all trash in the bar area and throwing it out, wiping down equipment and restocking all basic supplies for the next shift.
- Responsibilities include details of the pool area, expedite orders and adhere to all company safety guidelines.
- Previous bartender experience in restaurant or bar preferred. This is an outdoor position that is offered as seasonal employment only. Must be available to work weekends, Spring Break, and other holidays, if required. Summer season extends till mid-October.
- Mix and garnish beverages according to recipe and portion control standards
- Present and serve beverages to guests
- Check guests for proper identification and serve alcoholic beverages to guests in accordance with federal, state, local and company laws and regulations
- Accurately total, process and collect payments from guests to include, but not limited to, using the point-of-sale system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, making change and processing gift certificates, cards and vouchers
- Stock and maintain the bar to include, but not limited to, beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments, glassware, ice and produce
- Cut, store and ensure product quality of all beverage-related perishables
- Respond professionally to inebriated guests, as needed
- Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow employees, set a positive example
- Provide the highest level of guest service to the hotel’s clients
- Maintain professional attire and personal hygiene
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area
- Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and practices as stated in the Employee Handbook
- Implement the hotel’s safety and emergency policies and procedures (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc.) to include removing all safety hazards, following company’s OSHA program, safe lifting techniques
- Promptly report substandard (unsafe) conditions to Supervisor
- Promptly report accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to Supervisor
- Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints
- Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude
- Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings
- Continue to learn and grow in your position
- Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management
- Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules
- Assist person(s) with a disability
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws ordinances as they apply to the hotel, guest and employees
- Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred
- Applicant must be flexible to work varied hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Applicant must have minimum of 2 years of bartending experience
- TABC certified required
- Food Handler certificate required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”