The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
The Sales Manager is responsible for generating group business from assigned markets, maximization of sales revenue, and development of potential accounts and sound administration of Delphi documentation. Audience: Corporate Group Business markets as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Promotes new and repeat business, property awareness, and partnerships in group business opportunities on behalf of The Woodlands Resort. This individual is self-motivated, solicitation of accounts through direct sales calls, direct mail, telephone, email and site inspections.
· Makes sales trips to assigned territory and participates in trade shows generating group business.
· Books groups from assigned areas and manages accounts in Delphi.
· Dedicates a great deal of time to telephone and email solicitation sales.
· Responds to all leads from assigned markets and documents activity in Delphi for continued follow up.
· Personally prepares proposals, follows up and negotiates proposal offering.
· Manages contract details and reviews contract terms with Director of Group Sales to secure business.
· Attends meetings and industry functions through membership in associations appropriate for territory.
· Attends sales meetings, presents business at daily business review meetings and attends other in house meetings.
· Performs general office duties and assists other personnel, as required.
· Maintains a working relationship with departments interacting with groups booked from territory.
· Stays abreast of industry trends and makes recommendations of changes, which would affect operations.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
· Written sales activity reports and updates will be required on a regular basis.
· Monitor sales activity, booking revenue and is successful in achieving monthly/quarterly goals.
· Promotes ultimate customer service and problem prevention/solving.
· Projects a positive and professional image when representing The Woodlands Resort at work and at industry functions.
· Assume other job related tasks as assigned by supervisor.
· Monitor competition and marketing trends, understanding changes in the hospitality industry.
· Comfortable speaking to groups and giving presentations.
· Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow employees, set a positive example
· Provide the highest level of guest service to the hotel’s clients
· Maintain professional attire and personal hygiene
· Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area
· Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and practices as stated in the Employee Handbook
· Implement the hotel’s safety and emergency policies and procedures (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc.) to include removing all safety hazards, following company’s OSHA program, safe lifting techniques
· Promptly report substandard (unsafe) conditions to Supervisor
· Promptly report accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to Supervisor
· Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints
· Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude
· Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings
· Continue to learn and grow in your position
· Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management
· Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules
· Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws ordinances as they apply to the hotel, guest and employees
· Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel
- Hospitality Sales - Must have 3-5 years of experience selling to a designated market.
- Knowledge of Delphi, Word, Excel and Power Point is a plus.
- Pharmaceutical Market Knowledge is a plus.
· High School diploma or equivalent
· College degree preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”