The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
The HVAC Mechanic will be responsible for the maintenance, repair and upkeep of all air conditioning, heating and refrigeration equipment for The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Perform maintenance on all A/C & heating units
· Repair and maintain all air handler equipment systems.
· Repair and maintain all refrigeration equipment and systems.
· Perform all scheduled preventive maintenance. Follow yearly business plan.
· Assists with chill water maintenance and repair.
· Installation of new equipment and systems.
· Have working knowledge of energy management systems
· Assist with inventory management.
· Assist with guest room calls.
· Assist with trash pick-up throughout the property
· Assist with special projects
· Assist with the monitoring and work done at central plan.
- Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow employees, set a positive example
- Provide the highest level of guest service to the hotel’s clients
- Maintain professional attire and personal hygiene
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area
- Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and practices as stated in the Employee Handbook
- Implement the hotel’s safety and emergency policies and procedures (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc.) to include removing all safety hazards, following company’s OSHA program, safe lifting techniques
- Promptly report substandard (unsafe) conditions to Supervisor
- Promptly report accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to Supervisor
- Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints
- Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude
- Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings
- Continue to learn and grow in your position
- Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management
- Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules
- Assist person(s) with a disability
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws ordinances as they apply to the hotel, guest and employees
- Lift up to 50 pounds; be able to push, pull, carry or maneuver heavier items (with additional manpower or appropriate devices); carry ladders; work from heights, work in small crawl spaces.
- Perform tasks that may require kneeling, bending, stooping, crouching, climbing, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting and grasping.
- Observe all company procedures and safety rules
- Maintain accurate time records and send to payroll when required
- Work as part of our team to ensure customer satisfaction
- Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience preferred.
- Previous experience with A/C and refrigeration, preferable chill water.
- Knowledge of refrigeration equipment and tools.
- Recovery certified.
- State license preferred, not mandatory.
- Good Mechanical skills.
- Problem solving skills.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”