The Westin The Woodlands
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
The Howard Hughes Corporation is searching for Steward for The Westin. The hotel is located in the award winning master planned community of The Woodlands, Texas 45 minutes north of Houston. The hotel features 305 guestrooms, concierge floors, and 15,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, two restaurants and 2 lounges. The area around the hotel is home to multiple Fortune 500 companies, The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, shopping, dining and entertainment venues. As a Banquet Server, you would be responsible Serve food and beverage items. Clear tables and return all equipment to their respective areas. Retrieve all reusable food items and place them on a separate queen, as provided.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up tables and break down assigned banquet rooms according to contract and supervisors instructions.
- Service food and beverages according to standards and event orders.
- Handle guest requests or get assistance from supervisor or manager.
- Maintain cleanliness of banquet rooms, public areas, banquet pantry and storage areas
- Maintain inventory of necessary supplies.
- Maintain Westins high standards of quality and service.
- Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow employees, set a positive example
- Provide the highest level of guest service to the hotel’s clients
- Maintain professional attire and personal hygiene
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area
- Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and practices as stated in the Employee Handbook
- Implement the hotel’s safety and emergency policies and procedures (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc.) to include removing all safety hazards, following company’s OSHA program, safe lifting techniques
- Promptly report substandard (unsafe) conditions to Supervisor
- Promptly report accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to Supervisor
- Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints
- Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude
- Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings
- Continue to learn and grow in your position
- Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management
- Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules
- Assist person(s) with a disability
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws ordinances as they apply to the hotel, guest and employees
- Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred
- Applicant must be flexible to work varied hours including nights, weekends and holiday
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”