The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center
Howard Hughes was synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, much like The Howard Hughes Corporation that bears his name. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by a passion for excellence, entrepreneurialism, and a commitment to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
The Howard Hughes Corporation is searching for a Resort Manager for its Woodlands Resort and Conference Center .. The resort is located in the award winning master planned community of The Woodlands, Texas 45 minutes north of Houston. The resort features 406 guestrooms, 60,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, multiple restaurants and 2 lounges. The area around the hotel is home to multiple Fortune 500 companies, The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, shopping, dining and entertainment venues. Ideal candidates will have 10 years of hotel management experience; have opened a full service hotel and a proven track record of providing the highest level of guest and employee satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In conjunction with the VP of Hospitality, establish budgetary goals based on the hotel’s potential and business plan
- Oversee daily operation of multiple departments
- Actively participate in the hotel’s Sales & Marketing effort
- Establish rate strategies based on current and historical market mix, as well as review, monitor and adjust rate positioning accordingly on a daily basis and in conjunction with business forecasts
- Manage and control the operational labor costs, cost of sales and operating expenses ensuring operational requirements and profit objectives are met
- Ensure that brand standards are met with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations
- Assist with the preparation of monthly, annual and long term budgets and marketing plans
- Select, hire and train and develop new associates
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:.
- Minimum 5 years hotel management or oversight of multiple department experience within a four or five star hotel or resort environment
- Previous experience opening a full service hotel and proven track record of providing the highest level of guest and employee satisfaction
- Strong financial and analytical acumen
- Must be a skilled leader who creates an inspiring vision, who communicates the vision well, and who leads by example through mentoring and coaching a high performance innovation and business analyst/process team. Must be results oriented and able to drive the process of converting and idea into production
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills are needed to manage this diverse team: must support and advance a culture of committed action, excellence and respect
- Proven ability to align a team behind a focused vision and deliver against plans
- Emphasis on creating partnerships with internal and external customers and looking for ways to support multi-stakeholder success
- Outstanding communication skills (written, verbal and listening) are a must
- Strong analytical capabilities including budgetary and financial acumen
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Equivalent education level required: Bachelors degree preferred
- Computer skills including email, Microsoft word, and POS
- Job knowledge of restaurant , property operations, rooms, spa operations, management techniques, quality and cost control
- Excellent communication and staff development/training skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible to work varying schedules including nights, holidays and weekends
- A degree in hotel or hospitality management a plus
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”