The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
A mere 30 minutes from downtown Houston, Texas, a world of intoxicating beauty awaits. Tucked away within the Texas Piney Woods on 28,000 acres of natural forest, The Woodlands Resort is an ideal vacation destination for families, friends and couples as well as an exceptional venue for meetings, conferences, social events and weddings. For four decades, The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center has provided a convenient escape to nature and recreation for families, couples, golf and tennis enthusiasts, and business travelers. The gorgeous forest setting provides the backdrop for a resort of grand proportions, offering an array of leisure and business amenities and genuine Texas hospitality.
We are currently seeking dynamic Bellperson(s) to join our hospitality team.
The Bellperson is primarily responsible for welcoming all guests to the hotel, escorting guests to and from their accommodations, orienting them with the features of the property and their accommodations, and assisting the guest with their departure.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSBILITIES:
- Greet all guests upon arrival in a friendly, professional manner; make them feel welcome and anticipate their needs.
- Recognize all returning and VIP guests, and welcome them back. Escort all guests checking in to their accommodations following hotel procedure. Inform them about all hotel and guest room features, hotel facilities, and emergency procedures. Assist guests with their luggage and acknowledge them by name.
- Make deliveries to guest rooms as instructed.
- Store and retrieve luggage and other objects for guests.
- Be aware of daily hotel activities, group and VIP arrivals. Communicate special guest requests to the Front Office Manager or Manager on Duty.
- Offer assistance to all guests and provide them with information requested and directions, escorting the guest whenever possible.
- Coordinate and implement all transportation arrangements for Resort guests, individuals and conference groups.
- Provide transportation for guests to an from local venues as well as the airport, as required.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a satisfactory standard. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required.
High School diploma, general education degree, or international equivalent required. Previous guest service, front door or bell service experience preferred. Good knowledge of the English language is mandatory as well as the ability to speak, read and write clearly. Must be able to read and listen to instructions, memos, short correspondence and messages. Second language preferred.
Must be at least 21 years old and have a valid Texas driver's license with no traffic violations in the past 3 years.
The ability to spend long hours moving around, to include walking, standing, sitting and crouching while performing other duties including but not limited to entering and exiting vehicles. Must be able to multi-task, talk and listen simultaneously while guests are present in the lobby. Ability to work well under pressure and perform during emergency situations. Ability to regularly lift luggage and objects up to 50 lbs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status.