The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center
Director of Rooms
Howard Hughes was synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, much like The Howard Hughes Corporation that bears his name. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by a passion for excellence, entrepreneurialism, and a commitment to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
The Howard Hughes Corporation is searching for a Director of Rooms for its Woodlands Resort and Conference Center. The resort is located in the award winning master planned community of The Woodlands, Texas 45 minutes north of Houston. The resort features 406 guestrooms, 60,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, multiple restaurants and 2 lounges. The area around the hotel is home to multiple Fortune 500 companies, The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, shopping, dining and entertainment venues.
The Director of Rooms will report to the Resort Manager and is responsible for successfully leading and managing the day to day operations of the front office, concierge, PBX, and security.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive outstanding service culture
- Insure associate engagement and performance
- Drive overall operating and financial performance
- Maintain physical product standards
- Drives safety and security management
- Oversee the maintenance of the Resort fire life safety system
- Coordinate group safety briefings
- Plan and conduct Resort safety training, fire drills, etc.
- Following up on guest and employee incidents
- Play a key role in emergency response
- Recruit and schedule seasonal staffing as needed
- Responsible for managing labor according to business demands; add or detract labor as needed and based on expected amount of business
- Manage staffing of the Concierge lounge and Living Room
- Maintain open line of communication with all working associates, managers, and executive team members
- Ensure employee satisfaction, training and team development is maintained daily
- Monitor and review guest comment process – respond to guest comments as appropriate
- Conduct Rooms Operations meetings
- Actively participate in the weekly Revenue and Yield management meeting
- Review/Evaluate the Resort Daily Manager report
- Analyze monthly financial results and chart cost savings and revenue enhancements
- Ensure payroll is processed in a timely manner for Front Office and Security.
- Participate in controlling payroll expense in the Rooms Division.
- Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow employees, set a positive example.
- Provide the highest level of guest service to the hotel’s clients.
- Maintain professional attire and personal hygiene.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and practices as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- Implement the hotel’s safety and emergency policies and procedures (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc.) to include removing all safety hazards, following company’s OSHA program, safe lifting techniques.
- Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude.
- Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings.
- Continue to learn and grow in your position.
- Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management.
- Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
- Assist person(s) with a disability.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws ordinances as they apply to the hotel, guest and employees.
- Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Three to five years hotel Front Desk Management experience preferred.
- Full service hotel experience preferred.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”