Landscape Management Coordinator
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
The Coordinator, Landscape Management assists the director in the day-to-day operation of the Landscape Management department. This position is responsible for all administrative support for the department and researches and makes decisions regarding departmental issues and priorities when the Director is unavailable. This role reports directly to the Director, Landscape Management and will be based at The Woodlands Development Company office in The Woodlands, TX.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Streetscape Maintenance
- Assist the Director in managing the contract which includes all streetscape right-of-ways, entry medians and street medians. Makes routine field inspections with the Director.
- Maintains listing of all water and electricity accounts for an annual value if $700,000. Retrieves dollar amounts and usage from Ecova.
- Compiles monthly data and rebills The Woodlands Township for their portion of the maintenance
- The Waterway Maintenance and Koi Pond Contract
- Works with the Director and The Woodlands Township in monitoring electrical maintenance; holiday lighting and maintenance; fountain maintenance and repairs; gate arm installation and repairs; vector control; elevator maintenance; water treatment; painting and facility maintenance; Koi Pond maintenance and landscape and irrigation maintenance.
- Compiles monthly data and rebills The Woodlands Township for their portion of the maintenance.
- Landscape and Construction Projects
- Compiles and issues work orders to the contractor for all landscaping, irrigation and miscellaneous work requested. Monitors incoming invoices for all work performed and verifies the work was performed, codes and processes them to accounting for payment.
- Obtains electrical and water service to new entry medians and street right of ways and coordinates installation with appropriate utility company and contractor.
- Works with residents and informs them of landscaping procedures for new cul de sac islands and issues installation work order to contractor. Reviews completed projects and invoices.
- Coordinates tree removals with residents, contractor and The Woodlands township.
- Provides review and resolution of residential complaints and requests.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 2 years of Administrative Support experience
- Professional interaction with clients and vendors.
- Build positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Exercise sound judgment when making decisions.
- Work overtime as required.
- Able to meet deadlines as necessary.
- Effectively work with minimal supervision.
- Strong Organization and Attention to Detail skills.
- Exceptional Communication Skills both verbal and written.
- Good problem solver/creative thinker.
- “Can-do” attitude, pro-active and resourceful.
- Highly proficient in MS office applications: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Some college or Bachelor’s degree preferred.