Robard’s Food & Beverage Manager
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
A mere 30 minutes from downtown Houston, Texas, a world of intoxicating beauty awaits. Tucked away within the Texas Piney Woods on 28,000 acres of natural forest, The Woodlands Resort is an ideal vacation destination for families, friends and couples as well as an exceptional venue for meetings, conferences, social events and weddings. For four decades, The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center has provided a convenient escape to nature and recreation for families, couples, golf and tennis enthusiasts, and business travelers. The gorgeous forest setting provides the backdrop for a resort of grand proportions, offering an array of leisure and business amenities and genuine Texas hospitality.
Robard’s Steakhouse is seeking a dynamic, knowledgeable food and beverage dynamo with leadership experience in the F&B industry to be an integral part of our site management team. In the role, you will be responsible for assisting with the coordination and administration of all Food & Beverage Operations at Resort.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement and maintain tight control of labor costs.
- Implement and maintain tight control of Food and Beverage costs of sales.
- Responsible for the profitability of the Food and Beverage Department; closely monitors and analyzes revenues and expenses in order to increase profits and produce budgeted departmental income.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of all TABC laws and communicates same to all appropriate employees.
- Regularly evaluate products and services and makes recommendations for improvements necessary to remain competitive with the industry.
- Maintain superior standards of cleanliness and sanitation in both front and back of house operations.
- Identify personnel and operational deficiencies and acts to rectify them in a timely manner.
- Provide safety training programs for all employees and conduct periodic inspections to provide a safe work environment.
- Evaluate operations and supply clear, measurable goals for employees and staff.
- Maintain a high level of professional appearance, affix an image of self and staff.
- Promotes teamwork, spirit, courtesy and friendliness among guests and employees.
- Keeps the Resort Manager informed of all problems and unusual matters.
- Assist in administering safe working conditions.
- Responsible for ensuring that all of the employees have valid food handler certification.
- Communicate clearly with all employees and keep them informed of matter which pertain to their jobs. Hold periodic meetings with all employees to discuss solutions to issues and to review upcoming business.
- Execute the personnel functions of the department by interviewing applicants, evaluating and reviewing employees and disciplining employees as necessary.
- Follow fair progressive discipline/coach and counseling procedures.
- Computer skills including email, Microsoft word, and POS.
- Job knowledge of restaurant operations, management techniques, quality and cost control.
- Excellent communication and staff development/training skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Flexible to work varying schedules including nights, holidays and weekends.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Equivalent education level required: Four year college degree preferred.
- Five years covering all areas of restaurant operations with an emphasis on high levels of full service operations.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”