The Westin The Woodlands
PBX-Express Service Agent
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
The Howard Hughes Corporation is searching for a PBX-Express Service Agent for The Westin at The Woodlands. The hotel is located in the award winning master planned community of The Woodlands, Texas 45 minutes north of Houston. The hotel features 305 guestrooms, concierge floors, and 15,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, two restaurants and 2 lounges. The area around the hotel is home to multiple Fortune 500 companies, The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, shopping, dining and entertainment venues.
As a PBX-Express Service Agent, you will be responsible of Answers and directs incoming calls from inside and outside the hotel. Takes Room Service orders. Identifies all guest needs and handles their requests. Dispatches Service Express delivery attendants and other hotel staff via two-way radio and telephone.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers and directs all external incoming telephone calls following Starwood’s telephone etiquette.
- Answers all internally generated guest and delivery-related associate calls.
- Dispatches delivery, security, banquets, engineering, housekeeping and others to the Service Express® Attendants.
- Answers guests’ questions and assists them with their needs, ensuring all requests are followed through and completed.
- Handles guests’ complaints and takes action to resolve problems.
- Accepts and relays guests’ messages, either manually, written or through voice mail system.
- Takes requests for wake-up calls and follows through to ensure guests receive their wake-up call at the requested time.
- Communicates situations where guests are dissatisfied or experiencing a problem and offers the resolution to the Manager on Duty.
- Follows all accounting procedures according to guidelines to ensure proper revenues and payment on accounts are received and credited.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all hotel and area events and activities so that guests will receive accurate and prompt information when requested.
- Has extensive knowledge of the Room Service and Beverage Menu and provides guests with further information than what is on the menu.
- Provides a professional and immediate response to guests concerning all menu items and their preparation.
- Greets guests with a cheerful and pleasant voice using guests’ names at least thrice during conversations.
- Performs functions of a concierge, their duties and requests, via telephone.
- May perform duties of Front Office Agent as needed.
- Creates an organized, cooperative, and well run work environment by completing shift checklist and following through on responsibilities.
- Helps to identify process problems and deficient areas in the hotel and suggests solutions for permanent fixes.
- Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow employees, set a positive example.
- Provide the highest level of guest service to the hotel’s clients.
- Maintain professional attire and personal hygiene.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and practices as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- Implement the hotel’s safety and emergency policies and procedures (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc.) to include removing all safety hazards, following company’s OSHA program, safe lifting techniques.
- Promptly report substandard (unsafe) conditions to Supervisor.
- Promptly report accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to Supervisor.
- Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints.
- Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude.
- Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings.
- Continue to learn and grow in your position.
- Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management.
- Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
- Assist person(s) with a disability.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws ordinances as they apply to the hotel, guest and employees.
- Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Starwood or similar branded, full service hotel experience preferred.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”