The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
A mere 30 minutes from downtown Houston, Texas, a world of intoxicating beauty awaits. Tucked away within the Texas Piney Woods on 28,000 acres of natural forest, The Woodlands Resort is an ideal vacation destination for families, friends and couples as well as an exceptional venue for meetings, conferences, social events and weddings. For four decades, The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center has provided a convenient escape to nature and recreation for families, couples, golf and tennis enthusiasts, and business travelers. The gorgeous forest setting provides the backdrop for a resort of grand proportions, offering an array of leisure and business amenities and genuine Texas hospitality.
The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center is seeking a dynamic, Cook with experience preparing and cooking a la carte items. Mentoring and train cooks to maintain a high quality of food.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with other chefs to develop flavors that compliment appetizers and entrees
- Create a variety of sauces, soups, and stocks in both classical and contemporary culinary genres
- You need to be familiar with the five classical sauce families and their variations
- Keep their work areas clean and follow strict safety and sanitation procedures.
- Show the imagination and flexibility to create palate-pleasing new sauces, or variations on old ones, to complement your chef's dishes.
· Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow employees, set a positive example
· Provide the highest level of guest service to the hotel’s clients
· Maintain professional attire and personal hygiene
· Must comply with all sanitation procedures
· Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area
· Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and practices as stated in the Employee Handbook
· Implement the hotel’s safety and emergency policies and procedures (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc.) to include removing all safety hazards, following company’s OSHA program, safe lifting techniques
· Promptly report substandard (unsafe) conditions to Supervisor
· Promptly report accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to Supervisor
· Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints
· Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude
· Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings
· Continue to learn and grow in your position
· Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management
· Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules
· Assist person(s) with a disability
· Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws ordinances as they apply to the hotel, guest and employees
· Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
· Ability to stand on your feet for several hours.
· This position required the ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk.
· The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
· Ability to lift 50 lbs.
· Normal work hours: varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Must have experience working in food production, in a restaurant or hotel.
· Experience working as a line or prep cook
· Previous knowledge of various cooking methods (sauté, grilling, baking, etc.)
· High School diploma or equivalent.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”