The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center
Guest Services Supervisor
Howard Hughes was synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, much like The Howard Hughes Corporation that bears his name. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by a passion for excellence, entrepreneurialism, and a commitment to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
The Howard Hughes Corporation is searching for a Guest Services Supervisor for The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center .. The resort is located in the award winning master planned community of The Woodlands, Texas 45 minutes north of Houston. The resort features 406 guestrooms, 60,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, multiple restaurants and 2 lounges. The area around the hotel is home to multiple Fortune 500 companies, The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, shopping, dining and entertainment venues.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the direction and coordination of the Guest Service/Transportation Department operations to ensure optimum guest service and minimize costs
- Monitor the handling and storage of guest’s luggage and belongings to ensure security and loss prevention.
- Attend weekly staff and departmental meetings.
- Assist in the preparing of daily and weekly work schedules for the Guest Service/Transportation Department.
- Answer guest inquires about The WCCR, it’s facilities, services and events and any other special requests.
- Assist the bellstand with tagging luggage and coordinating “fronts” when required by business conditions.
- Perform the duties of other Guest Service/Transportation Department employees as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow employees, set a positive example.
- Provide the highest level of guest service to the hotel’s clients.
- Maintain professional attire and personal hygiene.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and practices as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- Implement the hotel’s safety and emergency policies and procedures (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc.) to include removing all safety hazards, following company’s OSHA program, safe lifting techniques.
- Promptly report substandard (unsafe) conditions to Supervisor.
- Promptly report accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to Supervisor.
- Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints.
- Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude.
- Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings.
- Continue to learn and grow in your position.
- Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management.
- Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
- Assist person(s) with a disability.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws ordinances as they apply to the hotel, guest and employees.
- Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- One-year hotel Guest Service supervisory experience preferred.
- Full service hotel experience preferred.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”