The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center
Executive Administrative Assistant
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
Provide administrative support to the EVP and VP of Hospitality and members of the Executive Management team at The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center. Responsibilities include but are not limited to logistic scheduling of appointments, making travel and meeting arrangements, preparing reports and financial data and addressing inquiries. Possess Microsoft suite computer skills; expert knowledge of Power Point required; and the ability to work well with management and staff at all levels.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants, as well as consultants, to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings; manages time conflicts
- Prepare expense reports for executives and their team
- Review and summarize miscellaneous reports and documents; processes invoices
- Act as a liaison with legal department and upload statements of work and contracts in Salesforce. Ensure certificates of insurance (COIs) are completed and up to date.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Assist with time edits in Kronos time-keeping system, as necessary for culinary team.
- Proactively seek and implement continuous improvement opportunities in areas including but not limited to workflow, reporting procedures and expenditures.
- Answer and appropriately direct telephone calls; greet visitors and manage their stay.
- Arrange travel schedule and reservations for executive management; ensures thorough planning, agendas and trip execution.
- Coordinate volunteer events, prepare agendas, coordinate catering, secure location, etc.
- Coordinate the collection and review of presentation slide decks for executive sessions.
- Perform general office duties including but not limited to, ordering supplies, records and file maintenance, tracking and entering employee time off, bookkeeping, distributing mail, preparing invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to support multiple executives as well as members of their teams
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings
- Experience assisting management with the creation of PowerPoint presentations
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience scheduling travel arrangements for management
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Ability to build positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization
- Exercise sound judgment when making decisions
- If required, the ability to work over-time
- “Can-do” attitude, pro-active and resourceful
- Exceptional communication skills
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associates degree in business preferred
DESCRIPTION/DEGREE OF PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds on occasion
- Overhead, shoulder level, and floor level lifting on occasion.
- Pushing/Pulling up to 25 pounds on occasion.
- Sitting - Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Standing - Ability to stand for short periods of time, up to 2 hours, consecutively.
- Walking - Ability to walk 1 to 2 hours a day and move in small areas.
- Climbing - Minimal: Lift, pivot and stretch, bend, squat and kneel with weight up to 15 pounds occasionally.
- Balancing - Sometimes required to maintain balance while carrying weight and reaching.
- Stooping - Knees, back and lower body must be flexible enough for repetitious stooping as an ongoing function.
- Kneeling - Some kneeling on hard surfaces.
- Twisting - Some demand of radius of 120 degrees, either direction from the waist, head, back or neck. Constant knee, hip, ankle and foot rotation.
- Reaching - ability to reach above head with full arm, shoulder and hand extension and rotation.
- Finger Dexterity - Finger and thumb dexterity must be full range with consistent use.
- Grasping/Gripping - Minimal, right and left hands need to grip to constant 5 lb. pressure
- Feeling - Ability to detect and differentiate heat and cold, pressure registration, moisture, hard, soft, thin, and thick.
- Talking - Able to continually communicate fluently in English.
- Hearing - Able to hear diverse scopes of pitch levels, volume, respond to noise and alert at all times.
- Vision - 20/20 vision with or without aid.
Above description attainable with or without reasonable accommodations.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”