The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for gathering and evaluating information regarding the company’s hospitality business and industry to produce analyses of historical data and to create projections of future trends within its hospitality operating segment. Further, the Financial Analyst will support the development and implementation of operating processes and procedures in the Houston region.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze financial performance of potential and current properties and portfolios and prepare/present investment and strategic planning recommendations.
- Actively participate with corporate and field management on the preparation and implementation of the annual budgeting and re-forecasting process for each property.
- Run analysis and full pro forma for operating and development of commercial properties.
- Manage monthly operating reports including preparing the initial financial review, communicating with the field and improving the report automation as feasible.
- Analyze potential lease deals with a focus on net present value analysis, review and commentary on income statement and balance sheet, and lease terms and conditions. In addition, work with leasing on the front-end of a deal to provide analytical support.
- Provide workflow and policy support in Company’s Lease Administration department.
- Assist with lease abstracting and review and perform ad hoc reporting.
- Work closely with business leaders and company executives; create financial forecasts based on market and industry data.
- Perform in-depth industry, market and competitor research.
- Take information from various sources, merge the data into a meaningful report and be able to explain how you reached your conclusions.
- Work effectively with experienced company professionals to gather data and to communicate conclusions.
- Make extensive use of spreadsheets, charts and presentations to illustrate analyses.
- Create financial forecasts utilizing MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Review industry surveys and benchmarks, economic and demographic trends.
- Other responsibilities and projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum three years of financial analyst experience required
- Strong financial analysis and statistical background.
- Inquisitive and intellectually curious.
- Comfortable working with large databases.
- Build positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Exercise sound judgment when making decisions
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Effectively work with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
- Good problem solver/critical thinker
- Highly proficient in Microsoft office applications specifically Excel and Power Point.
- Exposure to Argus, Kardin Systems, JDE and Salesforce a plus.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· MBA or master’s degree strongly preferred.
The Howard Hughes Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.