The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
The Howard Hughes Corporation is searching for a Full-time Cook for The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center.
A mere 30 minutes from downtown Houston, Texas, a world of intoxicating beauty awaits. Tucked away within the Texas Piney Woods on 28,000 acres of natural forest, The Woodlands Resort is an ideal vacation destination for families, friends and couples as well as an exceptional venue for meetings, conferences, social events and weddings.
The Cook will be responsible of preparing food and beverage items for customer consumption in an efficient and presentable manner. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow all kitchen opening and closing procedures.
- Inspect food preparation areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Adherence to standards in food quality, preparation, recipes, presentation, policies and procedures.
- Properly label, date and rotate food in coolers and freezers.
- Order, receive and organize all products from the purchasing department on a daily basis.
- Follow daily station specific cleaning procedures.
- Maintain all equipment in proper working condition and report items in disrepair.
- Mentor and train cooks as needed.
- Work closely with cooks and chefs to promote teamwork.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks as needed.
- Timeliness and attendance; proper use of time clock
- Willingness to learn
- Cleanliness – works neat and organized; food sanitation
- Professionalism – uniform; demeanor; personal presentation
- Sense of Urgency
- Knife Skills – safe handling and consistency
- Presentation skills – food product
- Taste – appropriate seasoning
- Must be able to verbally communicate in English
- Ability to read and write in English a plus
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including weekends & holidays
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Previous food production experience in restaurant or hotel
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current Food Handlers Certificate
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to withstand extreme temperatures (Hot or Cold)
- Perform bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting and grasping
- Verbal and listening ability
- Visual skills
- Problem solving rationalizing
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”