Assistant Director of Human Resources/Trainer
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
The Assistant Director of Human Resources/Trainer's main responsibility is to develop and execute training curriculums, programs and classes that align with Howard Hughes Hospitality business strategies and priorities. This role implements the training strategy in order to meet the requirements of the target audiences; facilitates the appropriate use of web-based and instructor-led delivery platforms; coordinates field training events; and adheres to instructional design methodology, including needs analysis, performance gap identification, learning objectives and medium/method selection and measurement.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the development of, and implementation of training and coaching plans that support regional and corporate objectives. This includes assessing employees’ skills, knowledge and abilities, setting development plans, conducting new employee training, new-hire orientation, and succession planning.
- In partnership with Department Managers and the Regional Director of Human Resources, develop both short-term and long-term training strategies that build identified business skills, knowledge, and abilities to create a sustainable infrastructure for ongoing training
- Design and develop customized training tools and processes; edit materials when relevant to the audience to meet strategic business priorities and goals.
- Ensure measurably successful implementations of training programs by linking to key performance indicators.
- Manages projects to operating budget as aligned with Strategic Business Plan.
- Work closely with Regional Human Resources Director to assist in the identification coaching opportunities within the operations to support closing identified knowledge and skill gaps.
- Work closely with Department Mangers in support of the execution of all developed training plans.
- Supervises the presentation of film and training programs for all departments.
- Work with employees on career development training.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Superior verbal, written, and listening skills, including presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to proactively and effectively communicate and network with various levels within the organization.
- Proven track record of implementation of training and development programs, concepts and tools.
- Experience working in team-oriented roles that rely on the ability to collaborate with others.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible to work varying schedules.
- Must be Bilingual (Spanish).
- Strong understanding of the hospitality industry, specifically service cultures.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- SHRM certification preferred.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”