The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
The Income Auditor is responsible for the auditing of daily revenue and receipts, upon review and submission by Night Audit staff, to ensure the accuracy of the published financial daily reports. Perform support function for the Accounting Management, including preparation of various schedules, reports, and audits.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Westin standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel accounting department.
- Comply at all times with Westin standards and regulations, projecting a professional appearance.
- Maintain SOX compliancy as it pertains to the scope of all auditing functions. Support SOX compliance reporting and initiatives.
- Perform daily audit of each day’s business to include the following:
- Verify and audit daily work prepared and submitted by Night Audit department staff.
- Make all corrections in DA5 audit system to revenue, receipts and statistical data to reflect true and actual business activity.
- Distribute completed daily income report and comp report to appropriate hotel management staff.
- Assist accounts receivable staff with billing.
- Prepare accurate final upload of DA5 monthly activity to the general ledger.
- Assist with monthly duties as assigned, including month-end closing processes of posting journal entries, financial statement review for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Assist with post-closing duties including analysis of financial statement variances from budget and forecast, improving the financial reporting and functionality.
- Investigate, review, analyze and report variance explanations.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the efficiency and accuracy in the production of financial reports.
- Individual of honesty and integrity.
- Superior listening and communicating skills; excellent team interaction and participation.
- Proactive approach to issues, taking ownership of problem solving responsibilities.
- Proven decision making skills to include problem identification, analysis and resolution.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 2 to 5 years related experience that is a combination of hospitality and accounting.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP reporting requirements.
- Ability to meet deadlines as necessary and work additional hours as required.
- Highly proficient in MS office applications: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Experience with the following applications, a plus:
- Lightspeed/Galazy – Property Management System.
- Agilysis - Point of Sale System
- DPHS – Hotel Management System.
- DA5 – Daily Auditing and Financial Reporting System.
- Accounting in an SEC regulated environment.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Hotel Management encouraged; or 2 -5 years of directly related experience.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”