The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center
Security Officer - Seasonal
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
A mere 30 minutes from downtown Houston, Texas, a world of intoxicating beauty awaits. Tucked away within the Texas Piney Woods on 28,000 acres of natural forest, The Woodlands Resort is an ideal vacation destination for families, friends and couples as well as an exceptional venue for meetings, conferences, social events and weddings. For four decades, The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center has provided a convenient escape to nature and recreation for families, couples, golf and tennis enthusiasts, and business travelers. The gorgeous forest setting provides the backdrop for a resort of grand proportions, offering an array of leisure and business amenities and genuine Texas hospitality.
The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center is seeking a dynamic, knowledgeable Seasonal Security Officer with great customer service skills to be an integral part of our site team. Security officer’s foremost function is to search for, identify and where possible correct anything which could endanger a guest’s or employee’s safety or well-being. The job involves holding post and conducting a visual patrol, deterrence, observation and the reporting of incidents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Patrol hotel property to ensure the safety of guests and employees and to protect all hotel assets. Answer house calls, assist guests and employees with respect to safety, security and hotel operations. Initiate and follow-up all investigations of crimes committed against property and persons. Assist sick and injured guests and employees, ensuring documentation and disposition of reports
- Initiate investigations, write incident and accident reports, monitor investigations to their timely conclusion and ensure appropriate follow-up with guests, visitors and employees, documenting all contacts
- Maintain accurate records while performing basic office duties including, but not limited to, camera monitoring, shift activity log, codebook, and employee and guest binder interaction
- Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow employees, set a positive example
- Provide the highest level of guest service to the hotel’s clients
- Maintain professional attire and personal hygiene
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area
- Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and practices as stated in the Employee Handbook
- Implement the hotel’s safety and emergency policies and procedures (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc.) to include removing all safety hazards, following company’s OSHA program, safe lifting techniques
- Promptly report substandard (unsafe) conditions to Supervisor
- Promptly report accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to Supervisor
- Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints
- Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude
- Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings
- Continue to learn and grow in your position
- Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management
- Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules
- Assist person(s) with a disability
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws ordinances as they apply to the hotel, guest and employees
- Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred
- Applicant must be flexible to work varied hours including nights, weekends and holiday
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”