The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
Under the leadership of the Pastry Chef, the Pastry Supervisor will assist and supervise the Pastry Shop by keeping set standards to contribute to the overall success and profitability of the Food & Beverage department. The Pastry Supervisor's responsibilities include preparing quality pastry items such as breakfast items, desserts, breads, ice creams, sorbets, creams, simple syrups, amenities, displays/centerpieces and special request items.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and assist in the production of all baked goods and pastries needed for all areas of responsibility.
- Train, retrain and cross-train bakery employees.
- Control inventory to maintain adequate par stock.
- Perform special projects as required.
- Establish prep/production sheets for bakery staff, maintaining proper par stocks, and the scheduling of bakery staff.
- Maintain positive employee relations.
- Keeps Pastry Chef informed of all problems and unusual matters.
- Execute the personnel functions of the department by interviewing applicants, evaluating and reviewing employees and disciplining employees as necessary.
- Individual of honesty and integrity.
- Superior listening and communicating skills; excellent team interaction and participation.
- Proactive approach to issues, taking ownership of problem solving responsibilities.
- Proven decision making skills to include problem identification, analysis and resolution.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 3 years experience, with prior supervisory responsibilities preferred
- Hotel/Resort experience highly preferred.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Ability to create new pastries, desserts, and breads that are both attractive and palatable
- Good knowledge of ingredients useful for pastry making
- Ability to direct and supervise other members of staff in the kitchen to ensure compliance with organization’s standards
- Ability to identify required skills and capabilities in prospective kitchen staff
- Good leadership skills, including good interaction with subordinates and superiors in the organization
- Good sense of judgment required for accurate task assignment to subordinates
- Ability to motivate subordinates, especially when they are under pressure
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Must possess current Food Handlers Certificate
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”