The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
The Howard Hughes Corporation is searching for Cafeteria Attendant. The hotel is located in the award winning master planned community of The Woodlands, Texas 45 minutes north of Houston. The hotel features 402 guestrooms. The area around the hotel is home to multiple Fortune 500 companies, The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, shopping, dining and entertainment venues.
The Cafeteria Attendant will assist in the facilitation food service at The Woodlands Resort cafeteria. The Cafeteria Attendant primary responsibilities will involve serving customers, keeping the cafeteria clean, helping to ensure the operation runs in a smooth and orderly fashion, ensuring adequate food and drink supplies on the serving tables and replenishing the same where necessary. To be an effective cafeteria attendant, you must be organized and efficient and have excellent customer service skills
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide incredible customer service by building rapport with customers
- Sweep, vacuum, dust, mop and trash removal from common areas in cafe
- Alert escalated concerns to Reporting Manager (ex: shrinkage, guest/staff problems, appliance/concerns
- Responsible for Cash Drawer
- Maintains the cleanliness and appearance of the Cafeteria
- Prepares salad bar items
- Surveying the dining area refilling water glasses, handing out extra napkins, serving coffee to customers and checking to see that guest are properly taken care of.
- Removing dirty dishes from the tables
- Ensure compliance with sanitation standards
- Wash dishes and/or utensils according to acceptable standards of practice
- Maintains order in the cafe area by arranging the chairs and tables in way that allows for easy movement within the café
- Removes dirty linen from the tables and sets them with fresh ones
- May assist guest by carrying meals from the kitchen or the serving counter to the guests table to ensure a proper flow of service within the cafeteria
- Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow employees, set a positive example.
- Provide the highest level of guest service to the hotel’s clients.
- Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude.
- Excellent time management skills
- Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management.
- Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of proper food handling
- Ability to multi-task
- Flexible to work varying hours if needed
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, additional language ability is a plus, however, not required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year experience in related field
DESCRIPTION/DEGREE OF PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Typical office environment
- Overhead, shoulder level, and floor level lifting
- Sitting - Moderate: Ability to sit for prolonged periods.
- Standing - Ability to stand for long periods of time, up to 10 hours consecutively.
- Walking - Ability to walk 1 to 2 hours a day and move in small areas.
- Climbing - Modest: Lift, pivot and stretch, bend, squat and kneel with weight up to 15 pounds occasionally.
- Balancing - Often required to maintain balance while carrying weight and reaching.
- Stooping - Knees, back and lower body must be flexible enough for repetitious stooping as an ongoing function.
- Kneeling - Some kneeling on hard surfaces.
- Twisting - Continual demand of radius of 120 degrees, either direction from the waist, head, back or neck. Constant knee, hip, ankle and foot rotation.
- Reaching - Continual ability to reach above head with full arm, shoulder and hand extension and rotation.
- Finger Dexterity - Finger and thumb dexterity must be full range with consistent use.
- Grasping/Gripping - Minimal, right and left hands need to grip to constant 5 lb. pressure
- Feeling - Ability to detect and differentiate heat and cold, pressure registration, moisture, hard, soft, thin, and thick.
- Talking - Able to continually communicate fluently in English.
- Hearing - Able to hear diverse scopes of pitch levels, volume, respond to noise and alert at all times.
- Vision - 20/20 vision with or without aid.
Above description attainable with or without reasonable accommodations.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORK CONDITIONS:
- Weather Exposure – Cold and Heat Exposure, Wet/Humid Exposure
- Noise Exposure – Vibration, Office equipment noise
EXPOSURE TO HAZARDS:
- Moving Mechanical Parts
- Electric Shock
- High Places
- Some exposure to coffee maker(s)
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”