The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
The Howard Hughes Corporation is searching for Overnight Houseperson. The hotel is located in the award winning master planned community of The Woodlands, Texas 45 minutes north of Houston. The hotel features 402 guestrooms. The area around the hotel is home to multiple Fortune 500 companies, The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, shopping, dining and entertainment venues.
The Overnight Houseperson is responsible of supporting and service Room Attendants and maintain cleanliness of public areas in the Hotel during overnight operations. Houseperson will ensure that all carts are restocked to prepare for next business day for improved efficiency and delivery of service.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver amenities or other items to guests as requested.
- Perform general cleaning around all public areas.
- Report maintenance problems to the appropriate individuals.
- Keep hallways clean and clear of debris. Vacuum, shampoo, dust, and mop floors and outside corridors.
- Remove dirty linens and restock Room Attendants' carts/baskets in preparation for next day’s business demands.
- Remove trash around public areas, including retail area at front of building, pool area, floor Fitness Center, and back offices. Clean Lobby and Fitness Center public restrooms.
- Operate cleaning equipment.
- Remove trash and clean the including laundry rooms and hallways.
- Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow employees, set a positive example.
- Provide the highest level of guest service to the hotel’s clients.
- Maintain professional attire and personal hygiene.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and practices as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- Implement the hotel’s safety and emergency policies and procedures (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc.) to include removing all safety hazards, following company’s OSHA program, safe lifting techniques.
- Promptly report substandard (unsafe) conditions to Supervisor.
- Promptly report accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to Supervisor.
- Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints.
- Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude.
- Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings.
- Continue to learn and grow in your position.
- Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management.
- Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
- Assist person(s) with a disability.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws ordinances as they apply to the hotel, guest and employees.
- May be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma
- General cleaning experience required
- Full service hotel experience preferred
- Floor care – a plus not required
DESCRIPTION/DEGREE OF PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Typical office environment
- Overhead, shoulder level, and floor level lifting
- Sitting - Moderate: Ability to sit for prolonged periods.
- Standing - Ability to stand for long periods of time, up to 10 hours consecutively.
- Walking - Ability to walk 1 to 2 hours a day and move in small areas.
- Climbing - Modest: Lift, pivot and stretch, bend, squat and kneel with weight up to 15 pounds occasionally.
- Balancing - Often required to maintain balance while carrying weight and reaching.
- Stooping - Knees, back and lower body must be flexible enough for repetitious stooping as an ongoing function.
- Kneeling - Some kneeling on hard surfaces.
- Twisting - Continual demand of radius of 120 degrees, either direction from the waist, head, back or neck. Constant knee, hip, ankle and foot rotation.
- Reaching - Continual ability to reach above head with full arm, shoulder and hand extension and rotation.
- Finger Dexterity - Finger and thumb dexterity must be full range with consistent use.
- Grasping/Gripping - Minimal, right and left hands need to grip to constant 5 lb. pressure
- Feeling - Ability to detect and differentiate heat and cold, pressure registration, moisture, hard, soft, thin, and thick.
- Talking - Able to continually communicate fluently in English.
- Hearing - Able to hear diverse scopes of pitch levels, volume, respond to noise and alert at all times.
- Vision - 20/20 vision with or without aid.
Above description attainable with or without reasonable accommodations.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORK CONDITIONS:
- Weather Exposure – Cold and Heat Exposure, Wet/Humid Exposure
- Noise Exposure – Vibration, Office equipment noise
EXPOSURE TO HAZARDS:
- Moving Mechanical Parts
- Electric Shock
- High Places
- Some exposure to coffee maker(s)
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”