The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit—values still embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation today. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company. At the core of our DNA, we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. We strive to embody these same qualities for every individual that our company touches, from stakeholders to partners, from consumer to shareholder.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We demand excellence and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties in the United States. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast.
Reporting to a Portfolio Manager, the Property Manager will manage the daily activities of Retail and office assets.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and implements the approved strategic plan for the property. Has primary responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the property to ensure that all site operations are in compliance with established policies and procedures, the management agreement, and are consistent with the HHC’s overall objectives.
- Oversees the ten year capital planning in conjunction with the Senior Operations position
- Prepares annual budget, monthly financial variance reports, operations analysis, and leasing activity reports and ensures that all reports are reviewed and approved by the responsible Portfolio Manager.
- Conducts formal site inspections at least monthly in compliance with established standard operating policies and procedures.
- Monitors and enforces the terms of all lease agreements, the billing and collection of rents and other tenant charges in compliance with leases. Responsibilities include all aspects of lease administration including critical date master scheduling, lease notification and renewal notices.
- Bears primary responsibility for the creation and maintenance of all site-specific documentation including but not limited to property information book, site operating manual and emergency operations manual.
- Has primary responsibility for controlling the procurement and expenditure processing.
- Ensures adherence to the approved budget with primary responsibility for variance reporting; forecast cash flow of property; review real estate tax assessments; and file required municipal reports.
- Ensures regulatory compliance and effective management of risk and liability. May be responsible for collecting tenant and vendor certificates and insurance and maintaining compliance.
- Establishes and maintains open, positive relationships at all times with tenants and occupants ensuring that all services and needs are met and in compliance with leases and agreements. Conducts periodic visits, inspections and surveys and develops and implements effective tenant retention programs.
- Keeps current of all developments in commercial real estate market affecting current or potential value of assets.
- Oversees completion of tenant and capital improvements consistent with local codes and in compliance with leases and work letter agreements to ensure owner and tenant acceptance, timely completion, occupancy and rent commencement.
- Familiar with valet and parking programs
- Hires, trains, and supervises (directly and indirectly) a qualified team of building, administrative, maintenance, and engineering, for the property to promote efficient and cost-effective operation.
- Responsible for employee administration, including performance measurement, salary reviews, setting goals and motivating subordinates to meet goals.
- Will take on additional tasks to support the portfolio manager as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree with CMP/RPA designation desired.
- 5 years’ experience directly supervising and/or managing third parties and staff for retail mixed use and office including experience in planning and assigning work, performance assessments, training, hiring, discipline, and development.
- 7-10 years working in real estate with property management; Must have knowledge and experience with financial accounting in commercial real estate, financial reporting and budgeting.
- Hands-on experience with tenant improvement construction projects preferred; ability to plan, organize and coordinate multiple projects, ability to read and understand construction specifications and blueprints.
- Strong literacy in MS Word and Excel
- Highly organized and skilled with time management
- Strong customer service/tenant relation skill required
- Excellent technical facility skills (HVAC, mechanical, electrical and plumbing etc)
- Excellent communications skills (written reports/analysis and oral presentation)
- Passionate, entrepreneurial and dedicated to success.