Support the Property Operations Team at The Woodlands based retail and office assets. Oversee all aspects of building maintenance to include projects, work orders, and emergency repairs for multiple properties. Assist in the preparation of annual budgets for operating and capital expenditures.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor the physical condition of the complex and correct unsafe conditions; perform day-to-day maintenance of building operations including heating, lighting, other utilities, grounds, doors and signage.
- Work in tandem with the property manager to ensure the condition of the building provides an inviting and relaxing work environment for tenants and guests.
- Maintain Angus Work Order system, accessible and accurate records for work orders/preventative maintenance, safety, repair/replacement of major equipment, utility cut-off, sewer clean-outs, and inventory of parts and supplies.
- Diagnose and perform maintenance/repairs on A/C and heating, electrical and plumbing systems, water and sewer lines, stairs, gates, fences, railings, roofing, tile, carpet, flooring, doors, , windows, gas and electric boilers, chillers, walls and ceilings, security system, tile, other equipment as required.
- Estimate cost of work for budgetary purposes; obtain materials necessary to complete building maintenance.
- Maintain fire and life safety standards.
- Maintain MSDS manuals.
- Respond to AFTER HOURS emergency calls portfolio wide on a rotating basis.
- Member of the facility emergency team and safety inspection team.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance of building operations including heating, lighting, other utilities, grounds, doors, and signage.
- Completes work consistent with corporate processes and policies.
- Assists the chief engineer with responding to tenant emergencies.
- Coordinates with property management staff in performing tenant work order and general maintenance work.
- Provides property manager and chief engineer with technical expertise in evaluating building maintenance issues and tenant requests and in determining whether the work can be completed within given budget parameters.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Five years of related Class A mid-rise property maintenance experience.
- Strong working knowledge of plumbing, electrical and HVAC.
- A team player who has the ability to multi-task and is self-directed.
- Must be deadline focused, organized and exhibit problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and work with little supervision.
- Handle a dynamic work environment with competing priorities.
- Build positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Good problem solver/creative thinker.
- "??Can-do" attitude, pro-active and resourceful.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
- Knowledge of land development industry a plus.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- High School Diploma required.
- HVAC EPA certification preferred.
- Maintenance Electrician License preferred.